Highly motivated and proactive developer, specialising in interface development of web applications and websites, capable of working within a team or individually.
A selection of my recent experience in commercial and personal projects.
Sainsbury's - Contract
June 2015 - October 2016
- Created prototypes with UX wireframes
- Worked on Sainsbury's Groceries and Checkout section codes using React, Flux, ES6, Node and Express
Immediate Media - Senior UI Developer
November 2013 - May 2015
- Created an Discover TV app using Angular JS (SPA) which is passed into a Xamrin container app.
- Ran workshops with other members of the UI team on topics such as RequireJS, SMACSS, jQuery plugin development and page performance and set the standards for other UI team members.
- Maintained the RadioTimes front-end. Re-factoring old code and developing new areas of the site.
- Mentoring junior UI team members, maintaining code quality and running Sprints.
Haymarket Media Group - Senior UI Developer
August 2011 - November 2013
- Launched various sections of WhatCar? and PistonHead (responsive and non-responsive) whilst maintaing the current site.
- Worked closely with the UX team to create many prototype / POC for their internal CMS and also started using knockout js.
- Created internal JS library for the company.
- Took part in AOP hack day and won first place with the working prototype of responsive Ads.
- Role involved me to take interviews for junior / mid-level UI developer and mentoring them.
HeathWallace - Project Lead
November 2006 - August 2011
- Worked on various financial products for big brands such as HSBC, Barclays, RBS and Natwest. Created Hand Code templates which can be implemented in their internal CMS and worked closely with their internal team and created user guides for their internal use.
- Led few client facing meetings / conference calls.
- Mentoring the college freshers and maintaing code quality
- Worked as a UX Architect for brands like 'Young Enterprise' and 'The Green Flag'
Creative Pulse - Freelancer
October 2005 – November 2006
- I worked as a freelance UI developer for an establishing company called Creative Pulse. The role required me to use a mixture of skills building websites from scratch using HTML / CSS and creating flash demos and portfolios.
Alternate Technologies - Junior Developer
March 2004 – May 2005
- I worked as a Junior Web and Flash Developer / Designer. Created designs using Photoshop, worked on web pages using Dreamweaver /FrontPage and created various Flash Portfolios, banners and cards.